Halloween Wheel Every year we enjoy sharing crafts for the season. Halloween is the time where we really start getting creative. We have gone through our old posts and cleared most of them out in order to share with you new and improved tutorials of some of the most simple, creative and fun crafts. We […]
Crafts for Kids offers you a plethora of crafts devoted to children. Most crafts are simple and fun but some may be challenging. We love sharing crafts for the holidays and related to different things we are doing.
Benefits of Crafts with Kids
Benefits of crafts with kids include:
- Bilateral Coordination- using both hands together to color, draw, cut etc. is an important skill that will help as your child grows and learns how to write, tie shoes, type and so much more.
- Fine Motor Coordination- In order to draw shapes, cut patterns, and write by hand, children are required to use their fine motor coordination. Crafts help develop and improve these skills.
- Self Regulation- sometimes you must wait for a craft to dry, teaching a lesson in patience and self control is am important lesson taught when doing crafts.
- Self-esteem booster- we want to challenge our kids (within in reason, nothing too difficult please), completing crafts successfully and having them displayed around the house will give them a great sense of accomplishment and pride.
- Bonding and fun- your kids will love to spend some quality time with you and creating something together is a great way to do it.
- Creative thinking- creating crafts is a great way to open the mind and start thinking creatively.
Painting with Crayons Are you looking for a way to take, creating art with crayons to the next level? Then look no further! Today we are going to share with you how fun painting with crayons can be! What you will need: Crayons Microwave Safe Bowls Vegetable Oil Muffin Tin Boiling Water Microwave Paper […]
Marshmallow Play Dough Are you looking for something easy and fun to do this summer? We have been experimenting with sensory play lately. One recipe we have tried and loved was marshmallow play dough. It is so easy and fun to make that the kids can join in the fun of making and playing. Another […]
Halloween Crafts for Kids Welcome to this year’s Halloween Crafts for Kids. Creating crafts for the holidays have become a tradition in our family. Crafts don’t have to be tedious, grand art works. They don’t have to be perfect. They just need to be fun! Today we are making Ghost Hand-prints. This is a very […]
Lollipop Craft This lollipop craft is super simple and fun to make with children of all ages. Isabella came up with this craft and we decided to share it with you. It is a great activity to keep little minds and hands busy on a rainy or sunny days. The Lollipop craft doesn’t take too […]
DIY Tape Easter Egg Craft I love spring. It is a time of new beginnings a rebirth. The weather is changing, the flowers and trees are blooming. Animals, especially birds are peeking out and showing their presence. It is such a wonderful time. A wonderful time to start things, to get creative. Today I will […]
Popsicle Bunny Craft Today we are going to celebrate our excitement for the coming of spring with this fun and simple Popsicle bunny craft. They are super adorable and wonderful to use as bookmarks, indoor plant decorations, and decorations you hang in your home. I made these with my two kiddos and they had a […]