Amazon Prime Day Tips & Tricks for the Busy Homeschool Mom
Amazon Prime Day 2019 begins on July 15th, 2019, at 3 pm EST; it will last for 36 hours, so it is more like Prime Day and a half, am I right? Have you never heard of Amazon Prime Day? Prime DayÂ is Amazonâs annual deals event just for Prime members. Amazon wants Prime Day to be one of the worldâs best days to shop, with excellent prices on everything you find interesting. Amazon is bringing you hundreds of thousands of deals, new deals starting as often as every five minutes, and special offers across everything included with Prime from music and video to reading and voice shopping.Â Last year it was Amazonâs biggest sales day, even more, significant than Black Friday, and this year the buzz is that there will be even better deals for us.
First Step for Prime Day
I can’t believe how quickly prime day is approaching! I am still choosing curriculum for the new school year and trying to get my planning done, so I find Prime Day to come at the perfect time for me. There are a few things you should get done before the big day arrives. Like if you don’t already have prime, you are in luck! Sign up for a 30 Day FREE Trial of Amazon Prime (that means you can party with prime without the commitment!) If you are a student, you can get a six-month free trial which is pretty amazing in an of itself. As soon as you sign up, you can reap the benefits for prime!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking toÂ Amazon.comÂ and affiliated sites.
Amazon Prime Day â Start your Amazon 30 Day Free Trial TODAY
As I have shared, if you don’t already have prime, there is no need to worry, sign up for the Amazon 30 Day Free Trial (you can cancel your membership at any time). One thing I love about Amazon prime is that as soon as you sign up, you can take advantage of all the Best of what Amazon has to offer. While Amazon Prime Day begins on July 15th, the days leading up to the big day are always filled with deals.
How Does Prime Day Work?
- During Prime day, items will go on sale for a limited amount of time. YouÂ need to be aÂ PrimeÂ member to participate, so if you’re not signed up forÂ Prime, take advantage of the 30-day free trial mentioned above.
- You will want to refresh your prime day page; rumor has it that Amazon will post new items for sale every 5 minutes.
- Some deals sell out, but that’s okay, you can put yourself on the Waitlist and Amazon will notify you if the item becomes available.
- Spotlight Deals are exclusive deals that feature top brands, popular items, and deep discounts that last until the very last thing is gone. Find Spotlight Deals through the “Shop All Deals” link on amazon.com
- 30 Hours of Prime Day: Spotlight Deals that start on July 10th may return on July 11th. Product detail pages will indicate which Spotlight Deals may return, while supplies last.
- Lightning Deals are viewable 24 hours before they are live, but they only run for a short time, and the quantity is minimal. Again youâll want to watch your Prime Day Deals page for up to date information as well asÂ a timer on each deal as well as a status bar showing availability until the transaction is claimed.
- Amazon may offer some pre-Prime Day deals as well, so itâs a good idea to keep your eye on the sales â especially if youâre hoping to get a deal on something specific.
What can you do to get ready for Prime Day?
- Make a list of things you need or have been meaning to buy.Â
- You can use the Amazon AppÂ to add items youâd like to purchase to your watch and waitlist, and then be notified when it goes on sale.
- Set up your phone so you can purchase if necessaryÂ if youâre going to be away from your computer. Make sure your username and password are already entered so arenât searching for them last-minute.
- If you donât already have Amazon Prime,Â sign up for the Amazon 30 Day Free Trial, so you’re readyÂ to take advantage of the deals if one of your items goes on sale.
What will you find on sale this Prime Day?
- Kindle Unlimited
New for Prime Day this year is the special limited time offer ofÂ $0.99 for 3-months of Kindle UnlimitedÂ for new subscribers (regularly $29.97)! Offer starts today. Also, back by popular demand â there is also 33% off 12-month, and 40% off 24-month Kindle UnlimitedÂ paid membership plansÂ beginning today.
Now you can get 66% off aÂ 3-month membership of Audible GoldÂ ($30 savings!). This deal runs through July 17. New subscribers only. Also, introducingÂ the Audible Romance PackageÂ for new subscribers; because sometimes you need a little break from everyday life.
- Amazon Music Unlimited
Today you can take advantage of 4 months ofÂ Amazon Music Unlimited for only $0.99Â (regularly $7.99 per month for Prime and $9.99 for non-Prime)!Â New subscribers only, end July 17th.
- Prime Pantry Free Trial â get your essentials delivered to your doorstep!
30-day Prime Pantry Free Trial! Also, starting today through Prime Day: new-to-Pantry customers get $10 off $40 Pantry order and free delivery! As part of their Pantry membership, you can skip the trip to the store and enjoy free deliveries of regular everyday-sized pantry items (with a minimum spend of only $40 per order).
- NEW for Prime Day â Twitch, the worldâs leading social video service and community for gamers.
HUGE for Prime Day 2018 especially for gamers and college students! Prime members get exclusive benefits onÂ Twitch, the worldâs leading social video service and community for gamers, video game culture, and the creative arts. There will be a free daily video game starting today exclusive for Twitch Prime members! More deals to be unveiled daily onÂ amazon.com/primedayÂ as well as theÂ amazon.com/trytwitchprimeÂ page.
- Amazon Fresh â which includes a select assortment from Whole Foods!
Save time and money by starting a free trial of Amazon Fresh, which now includes a select assortment from Whole Foods! NEW for Prime Day 2018 â starting today through July 17, Prime members who start a free trial can also get $30 off their first order (PROMO CODE: 30FRESH). Existing customers can also use this same promo code from 7/3 through 7/17.
- Amazon FreeTime Unlimited â the BEST thing ever for kids and tabletsÂ Amazon FreeTime UnlimitedÂ is an all-in-one subscription for kids that offers unlimited access to thousands of kidsâ books, videos, movies, TV shows, and growing library of Audible books, skills, and music. Available across Fire, Echo, Kindle & Android compatible devices. For a limited time, parents can get a 3-month pre-paid plan at $2.99 (regularly $29.99).
- Amazon Fire HD 8 Kids Edition TabletÂ Amazon Fire HD 8 Kids Editon Tablet is the way to go if you are looking for a tablet for your children. It is durable, easy to use, parental control enabled, available on the go, and kid safe.
Now is the time to stock up on presents and supplies for the year!