Amazon Prime Day Tips & Tricks for the Busy Homeschool Mom
Amazon Prime Day 2019 begins on July 15th, 2019, at 3 pm EST; it will last for 36 hours, so it is more like Prime Day and a half, am I right? Have you never heard of Amazon Prime Day? Prime Day is Amazon’s annual deals event just for Prime members. Amazon wants Prime Day to be one of the world’s best days to shop, with excellent prices on everything you find interesting. Amazon is bringing you hundreds of thousands of deals, new deals starting as often as every five minutes, and special offers across everything included with Prime from music and video to reading and voice shopping. Last year it was Amazon’s biggest sales day, even more, significant than Black Friday, and this year the buzz is that there will be even better deals for us.
First Step for Prime Day
I can’t believe how quickly prime day is approaching! I am still choosing curriculum for the new school year and trying to get my planning done, so I find Prime Day to come at the perfect time for me. There are a few things you should get done before the big day arrives. Like if you don’t already have prime, you are in luck! Sign up for a 30 Day FREE Trial of Amazon Prime (that means you can party with prime without the commitment!) If you are a student, you can get a six-month free trial which is pretty amazing in an of itself. As soon as you sign up, you can reap the benefits for prime!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Amazon Prime Day – Start your Amazon 30 Day Free Trial TODAY
As I have shared, if you don’t already have prime, there is no need to worry, sign up for the Amazon 30 Day Free Trial (you can cancel your membership at any time). One thing I love about Amazon prime is that as soon as you sign up, you can take advantage of all the Best of what Amazon has to offer. While Amazon Prime Day begins on July 15th, the days leading up to the big day are always filled with deals.
How Does Prime Day Work?
- During Prime day, items will go on sale for a limited amount of time. You need to be a Prime member to participate, so if you’re not signed up for Prime, take advantage of the 30-day free trial mentioned above.
- You will want to refresh your prime day page; rumor has it that Amazon will post new items for sale every 5 minutes.
- Some deals sell out, but that’s okay, you can put yourself on the Waitlist and Amazon will notify you if the item becomes available.
- Spotlight Deals are exclusive deals that feature top brands, popular items, and deep discounts that last until the very last thing is gone. Find Spotlight Deals through the “Shop All Deals” link on amazon.com
- 30 Hours of Prime Day: Spotlight Deals that start on July 10th may return on July 11th. Product detail pages will indicate which Spotlight Deals may return, while supplies last.
- Lightning Deals are viewable 24 hours before they are live, but they only run for a short time, and the quantity is minimal. Again you’ll want to watch your Prime Day Deals page for up to date information as well as a timer on each deal as well as a status bar showing availability until the transaction is claimed.
- Amazon may offer some pre-Prime Day deals as well, so it’s a good idea to keep your eye on the sales – especially if you’re hoping to get a deal on something specific.
What can you do to get ready for Prime Day?
- Make a list of things you need or have been meaning to buy.
- You can use the Amazon App to add items you’d like to purchase to your watch and waitlist, and then be notified when it goes on sale.
- Set up your phone so you can purchase if necessary if you’re going to be away from your computer. Make sure your username and password are already entered so aren’t searching for them last-minute.
- If you don’t already have Amazon Prime, sign up for the Amazon 30 Day Free Trial, so you’re ready to take advantage of the deals if one of your items goes on sale.
What will you find on sale this Prime Day?
- Kindle Unlimited
New for Prime Day this year is the special limited time offer of $0.99 for 3-months of Kindle Unlimited for new subscribers (regularly $29.97)! Offer starts today. Also, back by popular demand – there is also 33% off 12-month, and 40% off 24-month Kindle Unlimited paid membership plans beginning today.
Now you can get 66% off a 3-month membership of Audible Gold ($30 savings!). This deal runs through July 17. New subscribers only. Also, introducing the Audible Romance Package for new subscribers; because sometimes you need a little break from everyday life.
- Amazon Music Unlimited
Today you can take advantage of 4 months of Amazon Music Unlimited for only $0.99 (regularly $7.99 per month for Prime and $9.99 for non-Prime)! New subscribers only, end July 17th.
- Prime Pantry Free Trial – get your essentials delivered to your doorstep!
30-day Prime Pantry Free Trial! Also, starting today through Prime Day: new-to-Pantry customers get $10 off $40 Pantry order and free delivery! As part of their Pantry membership, you can skip the trip to the store and enjoy free deliveries of regular everyday-sized pantry items (with a minimum spend of only $40 per order).
- NEW for Prime Day – Twitch, the world’s leading social video service and community for gamers.
HUGE for Prime Day 2018 especially for gamers and college students! Prime members get exclusive benefits on Twitch, the world’s leading social video service and community for gamers, video game culture, and the creative arts. There will be a free daily video game starting today exclusive for Twitch Prime members! More deals to be unveiled daily on amazon.com/primeday as well as the amazon.com/trytwitchprime page.
- Amazon Fresh – which includes a select assortment from Whole Foods!
Save time and money by starting a free trial of Amazon Fresh, which now includes a select assortment from Whole Foods! NEW for Prime Day 2018 – starting today through July 17, Prime members who start a free trial can also get $30 off their first order (PROMO CODE: 30FRESH). Existing customers can also use this same promo code from 7/3 through 7/17.
- Amazon FreeTime Unlimited – the BEST thing ever for kids and tablets Amazon FreeTime Unlimited is an all-in-one subscription for kids that offers unlimited access to thousands of kids’ books, videos, movies, TV shows, and growing library of Audible books, skills, and music. Available across Fire, Echo, Kindle & Android compatible devices. For a limited time, parents can get a 3-month pre-paid plan at $2.99 (regularly $29.99).
- Amazon Fire HD 8 Kids Edition Tablet Amazon Fire HD 8 Kids Editon Tablet is the way to go if you are looking for a tablet for your children. It is durable, easy to use, parental control enabled, available on the go, and kid safe.
Now is the time to stock up on presents and supplies for the year!