Snowman Picture Frame Craft We made this snowman picture frame craft a few years ago when Isabella had just become a big sister. We loved how simple it was and how we can memorialize a moment and look back on it every Christmas. Don’t forget to add a photo, or just keep it as a […]
Crafts for Kids offers you a plethora of crafts devoted to children. Most crafts are simple and fun but some may be challenging. We love sharing crafts for the holidays and related to different things we are doing.
Benefits of Crafts with Kids
Benefits of crafts with kids include:
- Bilateral Coordination- using both hands together to color, draw, cut etc. is an important skill that will help as your child grows and learns how to write, tie shoes, type and so much more.
- Fine Motor Coordination- In order to draw shapes, cut patterns, and write by hand, children are required to use their fine motor coordination. Crafts help develop and improve these skills.
- Self Regulation- sometimes you must wait for a craft to dry, teaching a lesson in patience and self control is am important lesson taught when doing crafts.
- Self-esteem booster- we want to challenge our kids (within in reason, nothing too difficult please), completing crafts successfully and having them displayed around the house will give them a great sense of accomplishment and pride.
- Bonding and fun- your kids will love to spend some quality time with you and creating something together is a great way to do it.
- Creative thinking- creating crafts is a great way to open the mind and start thinking creatively.
Paper Stocking Craft It can be so difficult to find easy and fun crafts to do with the kids. If you are looking for a fun craft this winter season for your kids, then try this super simple paper stocking craft. It is adorable and fun and best of all it is super easy. What you […]
Paper Ornament We love creating crafts, sometimes they are super elaborate but usually, we try to make things super easy. As far as crafts go, it doesn’t get easier than this paper ornament. Just, print out the template, cut it out (wow! Full House flashback) and decorate. What you will need: Printable (download here) Card […]
Snowflake Ornament Craft I personally love decorating the Christmas tree with handmade decorations. Are you looking to create a beautiful ornament with the kids? Something not too crazy but still beautiful and fun? I think this snowflake ornament craft is the winner. This craft is really simple and super beautiful. What you need: You most […]
Candy Cane Craft Looking for a simple and fun craft this holiday? This candy cane craft is super simple and perfect for even the youngest of children. This craft is perfect for the Christmas season, I personally love pairing it with the book, The Legend of the Candy Cane. This craft is perfect for toddlers and […]
Snowman Lights Craft Have you tried creating crafts with flame-less tea light candles? We have made some in the past for Halloween. They come out so adorable that we couldn’t help but share this surprisingly simple and adorable craft. Snowman Lights is such a fun and easy craft that you can add a hook to […]
Gingerbread Man Craft This gingerbread man craft is probably one of my most favorite Christmas crafts we have ever done. I love how cute and simple they are and they are perfect for the Holiday season. Whether you enjoy baking them for the holiday or not you can’t go wrong with crafting them! These are […]