The Very Hungry Caterpillar The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle is a book that both children have obsessed over at an early age. They love reading this story over and over. If your children are anything like mine then they probably already love this book, therefore it is a great title to start to […]
Crafts for Kids
Crafts for Kids offers you a plethora of crafts devoted to children. Most crafts are simple and fun but some may be challenging. We love sharing crafts for the holidays and related to different things we are doing.
Benefits of Crafts with Kids
Benefits of crafts with kids include:
- Bilateral Coordination- using both hands together to color, draw, cut etc. is an important skill that will help as your child grows and learns how to write, tie shoes, type and so much more.
- Fine Motor Coordination- In order to draw shapes, cut patterns, and write by hand, children are required to use their fine motor coordination. Crafts help develop and improve these skills.
- Self Regulation- sometimes you must wait for a craft to dry, teaching a lesson in patience and self-control is an important lesson taught when doing crafts.
- Self-esteem booster- we want to challenge our kids (within in reason, nothing too difficult please), completing crafts successfully and having them displayed around the house will give them a great sense of accomplishment and pride.
- Bonding and fun- your kids will love to spend some quality time with you and creating something together is a great way to do it.
- Creative thinking- creating crafts is a great way to open the mind and start thinking creatively.
DIY Father’s Day Gift Celebrating Father’s Day with a little one is such an exciting time. Taking the time to create a gift for Dad is a perfect way to capture a memory and share your love in a simple and fun way. DIY Gift This year we created a very simple gift for Dad […]
Spring Chicks Craft One thing I love about spring is the growth and new life that emerges. Spring is a symbol of new beginnings and rebirth in my eyes. What says spring more than chicks? That is why we are sharing this simple and adorable spring chicks craft. WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE SPRING […]
Spring Bunnies Craft Spring Bunnies Craft is such a fun and easy craft. I love doing spring crafts because they can be tons of fun and so exciting especially when you are doing them with your kids. But, let’s be honest, as a parent we want something easy and not too messy. I love this type […]
Easter Egg Paper Chain Paper chains are a classic craft and decoration when you have kids. It is a great way to get ready for any special occasion and it is a great way to practice cutting an important skill that helps develop hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills. This Easter egg paper chain is […]