Arts & Crafts
Arts and Crafts
The arts and crafts section offers you a plethora of crafts and art lessons devoted to children of all ages. Most works are fun and straightforward, but some may be challenging. Use your discretion in choosing what the perfect fit for your children is.
Benefits of Arts and Crafts for Kids
Benefits of arts and crafts with kids include:
- Bilateral Coordination: using both hands together to color, draw, cut, etc. is an essential skill that will help as your child grows and learns how to write, tie shoes, type and so much more.
- Fine Motor Coordination: To draw shapes, cut patterns, and write by hand, children are required to use their fine motor coordination. Arts and crafts help develop and improve these skills.
- Self Regulation: sometimes you must wait for a work to dry, teaching a lesson in patience and self-control is an important lesson taught when doing crafts.
- Self-esteem booster: we want to challenge our kids (within in reason, nothing too tricky please), completing crafts successfully and having them displayed around the house will give them a great sense of accomplishment and pride.
- Bonding and fun: your kids will love to spend some quality time with you and creating something together is a great way to do it.
- Creative thinking: creating crafts is a great way to open the mind and start thinking creatively.
Enjoy any of the following art lessons and craft tutorials with your children!