Chinese New Year Card
We love to embrace other cultures and use their holidays or traditions as fun ways to learn more about that culture. Chinese New Year is no different. While shopping for Valentine’s Day treats I found these adorable pencils and erasers to give out and I needed a fun a creative way to give them out. I remembered seeing these awesome postcards while I was on the internet, of course, I didn’t save them I just admired them from afar, so I had to search for them. I finally found them and had to share them with you. This is my first time visiting Miss T ESL, check out the site and this wonderful craft!
What you will need:
- Red, Orange, and Green cardstock or construction paper
- Gold Glitter (glitter glue, glitter)
- Chinese Letter Template (go to Miss T ESL site)
- Gold Felt-tip Pen
- Sequins and treats (optional)
What to do:
- First cut a piece of red cardstock in half or bend it in half and keep it like a greeting card.
- Then cut out your orange circles from the orange cardstock.
- Then cut out some leaves or a stem for your oranges from the green cardstock.
- Next cut out your Chinese Spring Letter Template and trace it onto your red card.
- You can use your Gold Felt Tip Pen to color in your Letter. We used a yellow paint pen and then covered it with gold glitter.
- Add glitter to your oranges (0ptional)
- Glue all your pieces down. Add any embellishments (drawings, sequins etc.)
- Add your treats (optional)
LET US KNOW
PIN IT FOR LATER