DIY Valentine Treats- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Hearts
I love making chocolate covered strawberries every year. They are my favorite Valentine’s day treat in our house. Actually, when I was pregnant with Isabella it is all I wanted and I didn’t know how simple they were to make. I finally made my own and it became a tradition to make them each year. This year I made them a little bit different. I made chocolate covered strawberry hearts (you can even make them fancy with colored chocolate drizzled over or glittery dust you can eat) but I decided to keep it simple. I think when I make them again they will come out even better looking than this attempt. But the steps are easy and delicious. I will definitely make them again.
What you will need:
- Melting Chocolate,
- Tooth Picks,
- Heat Resistant Glass Bowl,
- Baking Sheet,
- Wax Paper,
- 2 cups of water,
- Spoon, and
What to do:
- Gather all your materials.
- Wash and Dry your Strawberries.
- Pull the leaves off your strawberries.
- Cut your strawberry lengthwise.
- Cut the top inside of your strawberry in the shape of a v and remove the upper stem area.
- Place the two halves in a heart shape.
- Stick your toothpick through the two halves creating the heart.
- Put about 2 cups of water into your pot.
- Bring it to a boil.
- Put your chocolate in the glass bowl, place the glass bowl on top of your pot. *TIP* Make sure you lower your heat to a low simmer.
- Stir up your chocolate until it is all melted.
- Now cover your strawberries by dipping them into the chocolate. You can use the spoon to cover them instead.
I hope you enjoyed this post! They came out delicious! Don’t forget to take out the toothpicks after you put the chocolate on!
Check out the video tutorial!
LET US KNOW
Pin it for later