Can’t you feel Christmas in the air? It feels like it comes on sooner and sooner. This mitten craft is super easy and perfect for doing with toddlers and preschoolers and great for older kids. This effortless and fun craft also makes excellent ornaments for the Christmas tree! Another thing I love is that this is a great craft to do with a bunch of kids in the classroom because it isn’t Christmas-focused. It is more of a winter craft. Before we begin, please take a moment to pin this post to your Christmas Craft board.
Supplies for the Mitten Ornament Craft
What you will need:
You most likely have all the supplies you need already in your home. If you don’t, a quick run to your local drugstore or office supply store should be able to supply you with all you need. However, I have included affiliate links to Amazon, where you can also purchase everything you will need delivered right to you.
Steps to Make the Mitten Craft
What to do:
- First, take a piece of colored cardstock and trace your child’s hand (or let them trace it if they are bigger) as if they were wearing a mitten, so no fingers!
- Next, cut out the mittens, make sure to leave space a the bottom for the rim of the mitten.
- Then, unroll a cotton ball and cut it the same size as the length of the rim of the mitten. This will make your mittens look warm and fuzzy.
- Next, you can decorate them however you like, with glitter or crayons or leave them as is.
- Then, using the hole punch, punch a hole in the top center of the mitten.
- Next, tie a piece of string through this hole.
Video Tutorial of Mitten Craft
Do you like this craft? Then you will love our paper ornament craft.
Want to read a book that goes with this craft? Check this one out at your local library, or click on the image to purchase!