Christmas Tree Ornament Craft
We love making homemade ornaments, whether you use them on your tree or give them out as handmade gifts from the kids they are wonderful memories to pull out each year. I truly love looking back at all these crafts and ornaments and remembering when my babies were little and creating new things each year. This Christmas tree ornament craft is simple and perfect for all kids to try. Before jumping into the how to, please take a moment to pin this post to your Christmas crafts board.
Supplies for the Christmas Tree Ornament Craft
What you will need:
You most likely have all the supplies you need already in your home. If you don’t, a quick run to your local drugstore or office supply store should be able to supply you with all that you need. However, I have included affiliate links to Amazon, where you can purchase everything you will need.
- Popsicle Sticks
- Tongue depressor or Paper
- Glitter glue (optional)
Instructions to make the Christmas Tree Ornament Craft
What to do:
- First, take three popsicle sticks, paint them green, and set them aside to dry.
- Next, cut a small rectangle piece off of a tongue depressor.
- Paint the small rectangle piece brown, and set it aside to dry. You may want to use a piece of brown construction paper instead of the tongue depressor piece. That is fine.
- Once everything is dry, you can glue it together. The three green Popsicle sticks are glued into a triangle, and the brown piece is glued to the center of the bottom green portion.
- Let it dry. Once all the glue is dry, you can add a yarn loop to the back of this ornament.
- Once that is dry, you may add some glitter glue on the triangle to decorate the tree.
- You may wish to add a photo in the middle of our tree to commemorate this year!
Do you like this craft? Then you will love our paper ornament craft.
Grab a copy of our Christmas Activity Book for Kids
Want to read a book that goes with this craft? Check this one out at your local library, or click on the image to purchase!