DIY Chocolate Surprise Hearts
I am so excited to share with you our DIY Chocolate Surprise Hearts! If your kids are anything like mine, they have somehow come across those YouTube channels that open up those Kinder Surprise Eggs and have become obsessed! So for this Valentine’s Day, I had a little idea. I looked and looked, and no one sells Chocolate Surprise Hearts, and no one had a tutorial on how to make them either, but I knew I could do it and so can you! Before we begin, make sure to pin this to your recipe board.
It Had to be Possible!
I looked and looked for molds and they were a bit disappointing. Too small, not big enough to put toys in, etc. I took a trip to my local drug store (Rite Aid), and they sold these Hearts that had M&M candies in them. I bought a bunch of them, while I was there in the same section they had these little containers that were small but big enough to put some small treats inside. It was perfect. All of it was relatively inexpensive. $1.99 for a pack of 6 containers and the M&M Hearts were about$1.99 each, but they were on sale for buy one get one.
Figuring it all out
When I got home with my loot, I took the M&Ms out of the containers, and I said yes we could do this!. While the Heart Containers are a bit large, they have to be to put toys and a small container to hold the toy. I feel like I am not alone in the excitement for this DIY project or video, so I hope you all enjoy watching and making for your little ones.
The Supplies You Will Need For DIY Chocolate Surprise Hearts
What you will need:
You most likely have all the supplies you need already in your home, if you don’t, a quick run to your local drugstore or office supply store should be able to supply you with all you need. However, I have included affiliate links to Amazon where you can purchase everything you will need.
How to Make DIY Chocolate Surprise Hearts
What to do:
- First, gather up your materials.
- Wash and dry all your molds and containers.
- Put 2 cups of water into your small pot.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Put the chocolate in the glass bowl.
- Stir chocolate until completely melted.
- Make sure heat is on very low.
8. Start brushing your molds with a thick layer of chocolate using your pastry brush.
9. Once you have put your first layer in the molds, place them in the freezer to harden.
10. In a few minutes, take them out of the fridge and brush on your second thick layer.
11. Place in the freezer, and repeat the process another two times.
12. Once all four layers have been put on and hardened, you should be ready to remove the chocolate from the molds.
13. Grabbing the inside of the chocolate mold and gently sliding it outward, the chocolate should easily pop out. *TIP* Be gentle and take your time.
14, Once all the chocolate is out of your mold, you can take your surprises that you have made previously and pop them into one side of the chocolate heart.
15. Heat a pan. Once the pan is hot, shut it off.
16. Take the top of the heart and place it down on the pan.
17. Quickly take it off the heat and press it to the bottom of the heart, closing in the treat.
How to make your Treats for your DIY Chocolate Surprise Hearts
- Take your containers.
- Wash and dry them.
- Place all your little toys inside each one.
- We have stamps, body stickers, erasers, rings, and necklaces.
DIY Chocolate Surprise Hearts In Action
Pin it for later!