Easter Egg Paper Chain
Paper chains are a classic craft and decoration when you have kids. It is a great way to get ready for any special occasion and it is a great way to practice cutting an important skill that helps develop hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills. This Easter egg paper chain is a go-to craft for the Easter season. Before we jump into this Easter Egg Paper Chain Craft , take a moment and pin this to your craft board.
What you will need to make an Easter Egg Paper Chain:
You most likely have all the supplies you need already in your home, if you don’t, a quick run to your local drugstore or office supply store should be able to supply you with all you need, however, I have included affiliate links to Amazon where you can purchase everything you will need.
How to make an Easter Egg Paper Chain:
- First, you draw lines about 1 1/2 inches apart on each paper.
- Then your little one can cut these lines which is great for fine motor skills and to help with learning to cut (it doesn’t have to be perfect to be beautiful).
- Once all the strips are cut you connect each end making a circle and linking each strip as you go, gluing the ends. (Make sure to leave some extra strips for later)
- If you have varying pastel shades like we do, you can make a pattern which is very good for development.
- Once your chain is complete, draw out eggs on white cardstock or construction paper and cut them out.
- Decorate them with markers and/or glitter.
- Next, with the extra strips attach the eggs to the strips and attach them to the chain so they are dangling off.
HOW PATTERNS HELP CHILDREN
Patterns help to develop critical thinking skills. Actually, it is so much more than that. Patterns are all over our world so by teaching children how to recognize the patterns in their world you are opening a door that not only gives them tools to think critically which will help them in reading and math but also teaches them how to see order in their ordinarily chaotic world, it builds their confidence and understanding of how the world around them works.