The Halloween season can be so much fun! Creating crafts is one way we make it just a little more special. Have you been following our 13 Days to Halloween Crafts? We began with our Countdown Wheel, then we shared a pumpkin Mask Craft, witch light craft, a cute black cat craft, the candy corn craft, a ghost bookmark, the vampire craft, the mummy craft, the Frankenstein craft, the bat craft, the skeleton craft, the zombie craft and now our Owl craft!
What you will need:
You most likely have all the supplies you need already in your home, if you don’t, a quick run to your local drugstore or office supply store should be able to supply you with all you need, however, I have included affiliate links to Amazon where you can purchase everything you will need.
- paper tube
- brown paint
- white paint
- orange construction paper
- orange pipe cleaners
- large googly eyes (optional)
What to do:
- First, paint your paper tube in a shade of brown you are happy with. You can paint your tube another color if you wish.
- Next, paint a large circle onto a piece of cardstock (back and front), this circle will match the color of your tube.
- Set aside to dry.
- Next, cut out the circle you painted onto the cardstock.
- Next, glue on your large googly eyes.
- Then, cut out a small triangle out of orange construction paper and glue that onto your tube.
- Next, fold one pipe cleaner three times equally. Cut the tips so that three-piece are open on one side. Twist the top together and mold the open tips into claws. Repeat for second claw.
- Then, glue or tape these feet/ claws inside the tube so just the feet/claws stick out.
- Next, fold the painted circle in half. Trim the outer edge to create a size you like. (these are the owl’s wings)
- Next, cut this circle in half so you have two wings.
- Make sure you like the size and glue one on each side of the owl.
- Next, fold down the center of each side of the top of the paper roll.
LET US KNOW
Did you enjoy this craft? Are you excited for the rest of them? Let us know in the comments. If you created this we would love to see it! Tag us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag- #bloomingbrilliant and #13daysofhalloween
Pin it for later