The Halloween season can be so much fun! Creating crafts are one way we make it just a little more special. Have you been following our 13 Days to Halloween Crafts? We began with our Countdown Wheel, then we shared a pumpkin Mask Craft, witch light craft, a cute black cat craft, the candy corn craft, a ghost bookmark, the vampire craft, the mummy craft, the Frankenstein craft, the bat craft, the skeleton craft and now our amazing Zombie craft!
What you will need:
You most likely have all the supplies you need already in your home, if you don’t, a quick run to your local drugstore or office supply store should be able to supply you with all you need, however, I have included affiliate links to Amazon where you can purchase everything you will need.
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 cups warm water
- mixing bowl
- Newspaper or paper towel cut into strips
- Green paint
- White paint
- White construction paper
What to do:
- Make paper mache: Mix flour and water in a mixing bowl until it has the consistency of thick sludge.
- Inflate the balloon to the size you like and tie closed with a knot.
- Now, drag the newspaper or paper towel strips one at a time through the paper mache.
- Once thoroughly saturated, drape strips around the balloon. Repeat in overlapping layers until the entire balloon is covered with wet strips.
- Set aside a day or so until the paper mache is dry and hard. Now paint your zombie a light green.
- Next, draw eyes on white construction paper and cut them out.
- Glue the eyes onto the head.
- Draw on the nose, mouth and any distinguishing marks you like.
LET US KNOW
Did you enjoy this craft? Are you excited for the rest of them? Let us know in the comments. If you created this we would love to see it! Tag us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag- #bloomingbrilliant and #13daysofhalloween
Pin it for later