Getting Active in Our Homeschool with YouDance.com!
We live in a small apartment in New York and have no backyard. While the kids love playing outside, rollerskating, riding bikes, and all the things, it can be challenging to make sure our children are active enough. When the pandemic hit and everything were shut down, soccer and other sports were ended.
If you find yourself in a similar situation, you may be looking for something to help your kids be more active at home. I am so excited to share how YouDance.com is getting us more active in the comfort of our own homes. Before we jump into it, please take a moment to pin this post to your homeschool board.
Why is Physical Education so Important?
We all know that physical activity is necessary for our well-being, especially for children. Physical education benefits increase a child’s physical health and better academic performance. It teaches children essential life skills.
Physical Education helps us stay in shape and helps maintain our brains and our mental health. It motivates children to expand their skills and grasp the fundamentals of a sport, making it easier to master rules.
The benefits of Physical Education:
- Increase focus,
- Physical health benefits,
- better sleep,
- relieves stress and anxiety,
- helps your brain (increases the gray matter)
- develop self-esteem,
- cooperation and
- so much more.
Don’t skimp when it comes to physical education. It is just as important as everything else.
I love dancing. I love the free expression it provides. It is the perfect outlet for everyone to release energy and express emotion regardless of age. The benefits of dance are numerous, including:
- Balance and Flexibility: Dance helps strengthen your body, increasing balance and flexibility.
- Energy and Focus: Kids are filled with energy. Dancing is a great way to release energy and develop some focus in a fun and playful way.
- Academic: Movement helps our brains turn on aid in learning. Dancing is a great way to be active and turn on our brains.
- Discipline: learning different styles of dance takes time and effort. To follow the steps until you master the dance, it takes a lot of discipline.
- Health: Dancing requires you to move your body. Movement promotes good health and helps to maintain a healthy weight.
- Emotional: Dancing is a great way to express emotion and release your energy.
I have played tons of dancing games with my children over the years. After some time, they become dull and repetitive. They don’t grow with us. We have checked out YouTube for some options but between ads and quality instruction. That is why I was excited to see YouDance.com, which provides online dance classes.
YouDance.com is an online dancing platform developed by a professional dancer and a homeschool mom with the desire to offer children and adults a safe space to learn the joy of dancing.
The lessons are geared to all levels, from beginners, including young kid classes perfect for preschoolers to advanced dancers, and you can easily change between seven dance genres.
YouDance.com is a safe space for learning to dance with no ads, pop-ups, comments, or anything to worry about. Just dancing!
The YouDance.com platform is where you can access every dance class from beginner to advanced. It is organized in a straightforward way, to avoid any confusion, perfect for any parent or even child to use independently. The classes are organized into categories such as:
- My Dance Classes: are organized by skill level: beginner, intermediate, advanced.
- Follow Along: an extra practice where you will rehearse the piece you have learned in the classes with music by following the instructor. No explanations, just dancing here.
- Choreography: teachers show you how to dance to contemporary songs. These are longer classes.
- Dance Styles: here you choose the type of dancing you want to learn and just take the lessons in progressive order.
How much does it cost?
YouDance.com’s online dance classes are extremely affordable, especially if you have more than one child. The lessons can be used as much as you want, you can learn a variety of dance styles and be done by one family member or the whole family!
Purchase a subscription for $25 a month or the discounted price of $180 for a year.
A free trial is automatically applied to all who sign up so you can try it before you buy it.