Mosaic Indian Corn Fall Craft
We had so much fun making Mosaic Crafts with pumpkin seeds, check out our Mosaic Pumpkin Craft here. This is a craft that we came up with when Isabella was younger. It was a great craft to explore textures and use sensory and fine motor skills while being creative. Here is a photo from when Isabella was younger working on an Indian Corn mosaic of her very own.
What you will need:
You most likely have all the supplies you need already in your home, if you don’t, a quick run to your local drugstore or office supply store should be able to supply you with all that you need, however, I have included affiliate links to Amazon where you can purchase everything you will need.
- Template (download from the resource library)
- Cardboard or Newspaper
- Mod Podge
- Construction Paper
What to do:
- First, scoop out, clean, wash and dry your pumpkin seeds. We threw them into the oven for a few minutes to dry completely.
- While your seeds are drying print out the template on a piece of cardstock or paper. (Cardstock is just more stable than paper but paper still works.) You can make your own template if you like.
- Next, paint your seeds. Since we are making an Indian Corn we want a nice variety of shades of yellow, white, brown and even red. Since we will have the husks still on the corn we are going to also make sure we have a nice amount of green seeds as well.
- Place the painted seeds onto a piece of cardboard or newspaper to dry.
- Once they are completely dried, glue the painted seeds onto the template.
- Get creative, use a variety of shades and colors, every corn is unique.
- Once all your seeds are glued down, let them dry.
- Once they are all dried you can paint on a layer of Mod Podge over the seeds so they can last longer and they will also be shinny!
Pin it for later