Little Drummer Boy Craft
Creating crafts is a staple of the holidays here in our home. We love creating new and exciting crafts to help celebrate the season. Sometimes we link them up by reading stories about the character or creation we made, today we are creating this simple and cute little drummer boy craft. Please, take a moment to pin this post to your Christmas craft board.
Supplies for Little Drummer Boy Craft
What you will need:
You most likely have all the supplies you need already in your home. If you don’t, a quick run to your local drugstore or office supply store should be able to supply you with all you need. However, I have included affiliate links to Amazon where you can also purchase everything you will need delivered right to you.
- Paper Roll,
- Black Tempera Paint,
- Red Tempera Paint,
- Peach Tempera Paint,
- School Glue,
- Googly Eyes,
- Cardstock (optional), or
- Construction Paper,
- String, and
- a Hole punch
Instructions for Drummer Boy Craft
What to do:
- First, take your paper roll and cut it in half.
- From one half, cut off a small ring, about 2 inches set it aside.
- Next, we are going to paint three sections of our half-paper roll. The top section should be black, the middle peach or a flesh tone, and the bottom red.
- Let it sit to dry.
- While it is drying, you can gather your pair of googly eyes. You may want to make it like the wooden soldier and use cardstock or construction paper to cut out some white hair and beard. However, we didn’t use that for ours as we wanted it to look a bit different.
- Once all your pieces are cut out and ready and your toilet paper roll is dry, now it is time to assemble your drummer boy.
- Once all the essential pieces are glued on, decorate your drummer boy with sequins, etc.
- Using a pencil and markers, draw on eyebrows, cheeks, etc.
- You now have a little drummer boy made from a toilet paper roll.
- Now for the ring that you cut from the paper towel roll, you are going to cover it with construction paper. We used white, but you can use whatever color you think would be best for your drum.
- Glue the construction paper to cover the ring on top and all around.
- Then use a hole puncher to punch a hole in each side of the ring. Next, you will cut a piece of string and tie it around your little drummer boy.
Little Drummer Boy Craft Video Tutorial
Want to read a book that goes with this craft? Check this one out at your local library or click on the image to purchase!