Marshmallow Play Dough
I am always trying to keep things interesting with the kiddos. Recently we were experimenting with some sensory play. One recipe that we tried out was edible / marshmallow play dough. It was so simple and fun to make. The kids truly loved both making and playing with it. This is a perfect activity for kids of all ages, as it is safe for little ones to eat and fun for the whole family. Before we jump into making it, please take a moment to pin this post to your homeschool board.
Supplies for Marshmallow Play Dough
What you will need:
- Marshmallows (1 cup mini marshmallows, 6 Jumbo marshmallows)
- 3 TBS Cornstarch
- 2 tsp Oil
- Food Coloring
- Microwave Safe Bowl
- Measuring Spoon
How to Make Edible Play Dough
What to do:
- First put 3 tbs of cornstarch into your microwave safe bowl.
- Then add about 1 cup of mini marshmallows or 6 jumbo marshmallows.
- Next add your 2 tsp of oil.
- Now you are going to pop this mixture into the microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Then separate into smaller batches
- Add a few drops of food coloring into each drop.
- Mix the food coloring in each.
- Knead by hand.
*TIP* If your dough is really sticky add a little bit more cornstarch and a drop of oil.