Mosaic Pumpkin Fall Craft
When Isabella was younger we feel in love with creating these mosaic pumpkin seed crafts. Since we were carving pumpkins and exploring the texture of the insides of them we decided that it didn’t have to only count as a sensory development activity but also a fine motor development activity. I have a photo of my work but your kids will create their own version of this mosaic pumpkin craft.
What you will need:
You most likely have all the supplies you need already in your home, if you don’t, a quick run to your local drugstore or office supply store should be able to supply you with all you need, however, I have included affiliate links to Amazon where you can purchase everything you will need.
- Template (download from the resource library)
- Cardboard or Newspaper
- Mod Podge
- Construction Paper
What to do:
- First, scoop out, clean, wash and dry your pumpkin seeds. We threw them into the oven for a few minutes to dry completely.
- While your seeds are drying print out the template on a piece of cardstock or paper. (Cardstock is just more stable than paper but paper still works.) You can make your own template if you like.
- Next, paint your seeds. Since we are making a pumpkin we painted our seeds orange and brown. The majority of the seeds should be orange but get creative and use different shades of orange or whatever you like.
- Place the painted seeds onto a piece of cardboard or newspaper to dry.
- Once they are completely dried, glue the painted seeds onto the template.
- Get creative, if you used a variety of colors you make even want to make a Jack O’ Lantern Face for Halloween
- Once all your seeds are glued down, let them dry.
- Once they are all dried you can paint on a layer of Mod Podge over the seeds so they can last longer and they will also be shinny!