Painting with Crayons
We find arts and crafts to be so much fun. We love expressing ourselves and trying out different techniques and supplies after our trip to Crayola Experience, which you can read about here. We couldn’t help ourselves but try to use our crayons in some new ways. Are you looking for a way to make creating art with crayons to the next level? Then look no further! We are going to share with you how fun painting with crayons can be! Please take a moment to pin this post to your craft board.
Supplies for Painting with Crayons
What you will need:
- Microwave Safe Bowls
- Vegetable Oil
- Muffin Tin
- Boiling Water
Painting with Crayons Instructions
What to do:
- First, unwrap each crayon.
- Next, put about 1 crayon or 2 pieces in each bowl. (In our video, we put much more, we saw that putting less would work better)
- Add a drop of vegetable (or any oil) to your crayons.
- Then, microwave your crayons in microwave-safe bowls for about 20 seconds, stirring.
- Then in your muffin tin, pour boiling water.
- Place your microwave-safe bowls and melted crayon on top of the boiling water. This will help keep your crayon melted.
- Now with paintbrushes, you don’t mind tossing in the trash, paint!
If you want to try saving the paint brushes, try to let them soak in hot water.