Popsicle Easter Bunny Craft
Let’s celebrate our excitement for the coming of spring with this fun and simple Popsicle Easter bunny craft. They are super adorable and wonderful as bookmarks, indoor plant decorations, and decorations you hang in your home. Please take a moment to pin this popsicle Easter Bunny Craft to your craft board before we begin.
Popsicle Bunny Craft Supplies
What you will need:
You most likely have all the supplies you need already in your home. If you don’t, a quick run to your local drugstore or office supply store should be able to supply you with all you need. However, I have included affiliate links to Amazon, where you can purchase everything you need.
- Jumbo craft stick(s)
- Tempera Paint
- Pipe cleaners
- White Out Pen
- Orange and green felt
- Miniature pom-pom(s)
- Tiny Buttons
- Small googly eyes
- Tools: paintbrush, toothpick, white craft glue, scissors, glue stick, fine point black pen
Instructions to Make the Popsicle Bunny Craft
What to do:
- First, paint each craft stick on both sides and allow it to dry. We used pastel colors for spring, mixing a little white paint with our colors to make them even brighter.
- Next, cut a pipe cleaner into four equal pieces. Choose a pipe cleaner that matches the stick. For the ears, bend two pieces in half and twist them to close. The other two pieces twist into tiny disks for the paws, and use a toothpick to help make them tight (optional).
- Then glue the ears to the back of the craft stick and allow it to dry.
- Meanwhile, cut out small triangles from the orange felt and small rectangles from the green. Cut slits in your green rectangles, creating a fringe effect. Glue the green piece to the back of the orange triangle, creating a carrot.
- When the ears have dried, turn the stick over and draw teeth with a White Out Pen, making two little rectangles.
- Next, draw a smile on your craft stick and some whiskers with a fine-point black pen, and color in some space between the teeth (optional).
- With white glue, attach the googly eyes, small button nose (or tiny pom-pom), carrot, and the two pipes cleaner discs overlapping the carrot, so the bunny looks like he is holding a carrot.