Popsicle Easter Bunny Craft
Today we are going to celebrate our excitement for the coming of spring with this fun and simple Popsicle bunny craft. They are super adorable and wonderful to use as bookmarks, indoor plant decorations, and decorations you hang in your home. I made these with my two kiddos and they had a blast! Before we begin, please take a moment to pin this popsicle Easter Bunny Craft to your craft board.
Spring is in the air!
As I take a deep breath of the crisp fresh air, I feel my allergies beginning to rumble. Winter is trying to leave and spring is taking over. The sun is out much later nowadays and is shining brightly during the day. New Beginnings are everywhere, as plants and trees bud, causing many of us to sneeze and suffer but, I love spring and to celebrate that we will CRAFT!
What you will need to make the popsicle bunny craft:
You most likely have all the supplies you need already in your home, if you don’t, a quick run to your local drugstore or office supply store should be able to supply you with all you need, however, I have included affiliate links to Amazon where you can purchase everything you will need.
- Jumbo craft stick(s)
- Tempera Paint
- Pipe cleaners
- White Out Pen
- Orange and green felt
- Miniature pom-pom(s)
- Tiny Buttons
- Small googly eyes
- Tools: paintbrush, toothpick, white craft glue, scissors, glue stick, fine point black pen
What to do:
- First, paint each craft stick on both sides and allow it to dry. We used pastel colors for spring, mixing a little white paint with our colors to make them even brighter.
- Next, cut a pipe cleaner into four equal pieces. Choose a pipe cleaner that matches the stick. For the ears, bend two of the pieces in half and twist to close. The other two pieces, twist into tiny disks for the paws, use a toothpick to help make them tight (optional).
- Then glue the ears to the back of the craft stick and allow it to dry.
- Meanwhile, cut out small triangles from the orange felt, and small rectangles out of the green. Cut slits in your green rectangles creating a fringe effect. Glue the green piece to the back of the orange triangle, creating a carrot.
- When the ears have dried, turn the stick over and draw teeth with a White Out Pen, making two little rectangles.
- Next, with a fine point black pen, draw a smile on your craft stick and some whiskers, color in a little space between the teeth (optional).
- With white glue attach the googly eyes, small button nose (or tiny pom-pom), carrot and the two pipe cleaner discs overlapping the carrot, so the bunny looks like he is holding a carrot.