Rainbow Pot of Gold Handprint Craft
When Anthony was a tiny baby and would watch Isabella and I craft it was hard to find things he could do to participate. He wanted to join in so badly so as soon as he was able we would find ways for him to join in. If it was just ripping paper and putting down cotton balls or pom poms on top of them, I let him experiment with his creativity. As soon as he was able to really get crafty he joined in the fun as we took it a step further. We are celebrating Saint Patrick’s day with this super fun and simple craft perfect for toddlers and preschoolers. This particular craft supports sensory-motor development, color recognition, and creative development.
What you will need to make the rainbow pot of gold handprint craft:
You most likely have all the supplies you need already in your home, if you don’t, a quick run to your local drugstore or office supply store should be able to supply you with all you need, however, I have included affiliate links to Amazon where you can purchase everything you will need.
What to do:
- First, make sure you have wet and dry paper towels or washcloths to clean as you go along.
- Then, paint your child’s hand. You are going to paint their hand red, then clean the hand, then paint the next color, and so on.
- After you paint your child’s hand with a new color you are going to help them place their hand onto the paper or cardstock. You are forming a handprint rainbow.
- Make sure your child’s hands are clean, using a black or brown sheet of construction paper, trace their hand and cut it out.
- Next, using yellow construction paper, cut out small circles for gold coins. You may want to add gold glitter for effect.
- Glue the black or brown hand to the end of the rainbow and place the gold coins on top of it.
LET US KNOW
PIN IT FOR LATER