Santa Claus Hat Ornament
We love creating crafts during the holiday season. This Santa Claus Hat Ornament is a fun craft for kids of all ages. Toddlers and preschoolers will work on fine motor skills, while older kids will enjoy getting creative. The tools used in this craft are great for sensory development and fine motor skill development. Before we begin making our Santa Claus Hat Ornament, please take a moment to pin this post to your craft board.
Supplies for the Santa Claus Hat Ornament Craft
What you will need:
You most likely have all the supplies you need already in our home. If you don’t, a quick run to your local drugstore or office supply store should be able to supply you with all you need. However, I have included affiliate links to Amazon, where you can also purchase everything you will need delivered right to you.
- Popsicle Sticks
- School Glue,
- Hot Glue (Optional)
- Red Tempera Paint
- Cotton balls
- White Pom Poms (optional)
Instructions to Make the Santa Hat Craft
What to do:
- First, start by gluing three jumbo popsicle sticks into a triangle shape. We found that using a little bit of hot glue on the corners keeps them secure and it dries quicker, but school glue works as well, just set it aside to dry.
- Once the triangle is all dry, paint it red and set it aside to dry.
- Next, glue a row of cotton balls to the bottom of the triangle and one on the very top.
- Lastly, make a hoop out of some string or ribbon and glue it to the back of your ornament.
VIDEO TUTORIAL OF THE SANTA CLAUS HAT CRAFT
Do you like this craft? Then you will love our paper ornament craft.
Grab a copy of our Christmas Dot Marker Activity Book
Want to read a book that goes with this craft? Check this one out at your local library, or click on the image to purchase!