String of Spikes
Check it out in action!
What you need:
- Pens, Pencils, Crayons
- 12 inches of cotton string
- Baking Soda
- 2 Plastic cups
What to do:
- First, fill the plastic cups with water.
- Then add 1 tablespoon of baking soda into each cup.
- Then put one end of the string in one cup and the other end of the sting in the other cup.
- In your journal draw a picture of your experiment and label it before. Write down what you think is going to happen, this prediction is your hypothesis. Let the string and the cups sit for two days.
- Do not stir, shake, jiggle, wiggle, or do anything else to the cups while you’re waiting.
- After two days, check on your experiment. What do you see? Draw a picture in your journal. Label it After.
- Write down any of your observations, or anything that you learned and check to see if your hypothesis was correct.
How it works
LET US KNOW!
Did you try this experiment? How did you like it? Let us know in the comments section below. Share your videos and photos with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram using the hashtag- #sciencesunday We would love to see you doing the experiments!
PIN IT FOR LATER!