Why TEACHby Dennis DiNoia is A MUST-READ for Everyone
I love reading books about education, homeschooling, biographies, and self-help, to name a few genres I enjoy. There is a book that I have read recently that I just had to share. I enjoy learning and growing, and this book from Dennis DiNoia of Mr. D Math is a must-read for anyone who wants to learn and grow. Yes, Mr. DiNoia’s book, TEACH: Creating Independently Responsible Learners, is perfect for homeschool parents, parents, teachers, and students. I believe it is a must-read for everyone and let me explain why. Before we begin, please take a moment to pin this post to your homeschool board.
What is Teach by Dennis Dinoia
TEACH: Creating Independently Responsible Learners is written by Dennis DiNoia, creator of Mr. D Math which we love! This book gives us some insight into who Mr. D is and, how he became who he is today, how he learned to teach children in a way that they grew to be independently responsible learners.
Mr. D is a former high school math teacher, and 15 years ago, he left the public school system to make a difference in the lives of homeschooled children through his online courses, podcast, and public speaking.
Mr. D has over 30 years of teaching experience, and giving us some of his insights and tips in this book doesn’t disappoint.
An inside Look at Teach
TEACH: Creating Independently Responsible Learners gives us insights into how our children can learn, and how to learn goes far beyond math or any particular academic subject.
Nuggets of educational Gold That I took From Teach
- I enjoyed reading about Mr. D’s journey from student to teacher to the fantastic Mr. D Math curriculum creator.
- I also loved the chapter on Learning How to Think and how it shared the importance of being aware of our thoughts and the power of positive thinking.
- Sharing the importance of students understanding a concept and then teaching it and presenting it.
- I also took the importance of checking our work, as it is indeed the way we learn and grow.
- Being a coach, letting them learn by experience, giving our children the opportunity to discover for themselves.
- The importance of doing what we love to do and how we can use what we love to get us through stuff we may not love as much.
- He also discussed masterminds and goal setting and how to do this in your life.
A Glimpse at Teach’s Chapters
- Chapter 1: An Accidental Discovery
- Chapter 2: The Independently Responsible Learner
- Chapter 3: The Student Is The Teacher
- Chapter 4: Checking Your Own Work
- Chapter 5: Present Yourself
- Chapter 6: Testing, Testing, 1-2-3
- Chapter 7: Learning How To Think
- Chapter 8: Do What You Love To Do
- Chapter 9: Mastermind
- Chapter 10: The Parent Is The Coach
- Bonus Chapter: Goal Setting
Why You Should Read Teach By Dennis Dinoia
- TEACH: Creating Independently Responsible Learners is an easy read, only 136 pages. It isn’t a long, drawn-out book. It’s short and sweet but jam-packed with educational nuggets.
- It doesn’t fill you with dread, making you feel like you need to do more and more. It is insightful and uplifting.
- It is conversational, and it feels like you are sitting and chatting with Mr. D himself.
- That positive mindset, Mr. D, spreads the importance of having a positive mindset.
- Mr. D’s insights and tips set us up for success no matter where we are in life, whether we are students, parents, teachers, entrepreneurs, and overall human beings.
This is not just a book for homeschoolers. It is seriously a book for anyone who wants to improve their lives.
Let’s Chat about Teach by Dennis Dinoia
Get a copy of Teach for Yourself.
Go get your copy of TEACH: Creating Independently Responsible Learners now! It is available on Amazon as a Kindle ebook (currently for only $.99 until June 15), Audiobook, and the Paperback version. All of the options are affordable. This is a book you don’t want to miss. Grab a copy for yourself or one for every member of your local homeschool group. It is that good!
More from Dennis DiNoia
We have enjoyed many of the classes Mr. D provides, I was also lucky enough to have a conversation with him myself, and he is such a kind, inspiring and fun person.
You can read more about our experience with Mr. D here:
- Learning ASL in your homeschool with Mr. D Math
- Teaching Study Skills with Mr. D Math
- Learning Pre-Algebra with Mr. D Math