World Vegetarian Day – Garlic Pasta
Since today is World Vegetarian Day I am going to share a simple meal that is always a go-to in my house that doesn’t involve meat. Garlic pasta with spinach and tomatoes is my son’s favorite meal.
What you will need:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 3 large cloves of garlic minced
- 1 box of Bow-Tie Pasta (any pasta
- 6 oz baby spinach (I use a pre-washed
bag of spinach, its best for little ones if you run through a food processor
and chop it up small)
- 2 cups of fresh cherry tomatoes,
cut into quarters
- Salt and Pepper
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Fresh grated Parmesan Cheese
What to do:
- Wash Spinach and tomatoes set aside to dry
- Prepare Pasta according to the package.
- While water is heating up for Pasta peel and mince garlic, chop spinach and tomatoes.
- In a frying pan, low flame, put butter and oil when the butter is melted add garlic and let it sauté for a minute or so until translucent (be careful not to burn it)
- Add Spinach, when spinach wilts down add some salt and pepper and red pepper flakes (optional)
- Drain pasta and add to the oil, garlic, and spinach. Mix.
- Lastly, add the tomatoes mix and add more salt and pepper according to taste.
- Serve in bowls with fresh grated Parmesan cheese grated on top.
LET US KNOW
Did your kids enjoy this recipe? Did you have fun ideas that made it your own? Let us know in the comments. Feel free to snap a photo of your yummy meal and Tag us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag- #bloomingbrilliant We would love to see it!
PIN IT FOR LATER